~~ Parent's Corner ~~
Uniting our community in service of
individuals with special needs
Parenting a child with disabilities can be down-right frustrating, exhausting, overwhelming and it can also be one of the most amazing, gratifying and fulfilling experiences of one's life!
Solano County SELPA is here to serve our parent community by providing resources and a forum for you to be involved in your child's education.
Check out these resources:
- Matrix Parent Network & Resource Center
- Ellen Stumbo: Hope and Encouragement for Parents of Kids with Disabilities (website)
- Center for Parent Information (website)
- Autism Daddy (website)
- Forever in Mom Genes (website)
- Cammie McGovern (website)
- You Are Not Alone (Spanish) (English)
"I have a child with special needs. I didn’t know if I would be strong enough. Turns out I am. And so are you." ~ Lisa Thornbury