Alternative Dispute Resolution
What is Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)?
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) provides parents and school districts an alternative means of resolving disagreements and disputes that may arise. We have had a very strong success rate of preventing conflicts from going to fair hearing at the state level. The intent of this program is to maintain positive relationships between the student’s family and the school as well as to save money for both parties.
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) allows the parties in conflict to control and shape their own agreement.
Collaborative working relationships between parents and district personnel is not only maintained, but often improved.
The Solano County ADR program includes:
- Training for parents and educators in effective communication and collaboration skills
- Providing an Independent Resource Parent for parents to contact to receive individual support
- Facilitating IEP meetings
- Assisting in Resolution Session meetings prior to a due process hearing
- Conducting informal mediation sessions
Click HERE for information on the SELPA ADR Helpline!